Our Carers Forum meets at least 4 times a year at varying times of the day and evening to ensure that carers who are employed also have an opportunity to attend.
The aims of our Carers Forum are:
- To represent the views of carers in discussions with Brent Council and NHS Brent CCG and thereby to influence the way local services are delivered;
- To inform Brent Council when the experience of practice does not match current policy and falls below acceptable levels of quality in service as its design intended;
- To play an active part in the design and development of services by ensuring that the needs and wishes of carers are heard and placed at the centre of these processes;
- To allow carers to advise on how local services are performing and on the types of new services that could help carers; and
- To enable carers to meet other carers and share their knowledge and experiences.
All meetings provide an opportunity for Carers to hear first-hand of changes and developments taking place, to highlight some of the difficulties being experienced, and to contribute to shaping services for the better. Carers who attend the forum help decide which items should be included for discussion at future forums.